The shortcut he took from standard procedures resulted in Charlie being burned over 50% of his body, five years in hospital, the loss of his family, the loss of everything he treasured. Not just a title but a call to action, Remember Charlie captures the audience with a common language (“Accidents don’t happen to me. Accidents happen to someone else.”)
In this video, Charlie answers some provocative safety-related questions in such a way that will change people’s behavior from being thoughtless, irresponsible, and routine to “safety first & always”.
Here’s a preview of some questions addressed in this presentation:
- What, if anything, would have made you wear your equipment?
- Wasn’t it really the company’s fault?
- Should there have been 2 people doing the job that night?
- Did the company take any action against you?
- What do you think about firing someone for safety violations?
- What bothered you the most about the accident experience?
- What’s your life like today?